Making the decision to get drug and alcohol treatment is a substantial one that can seem overwhelming. What will happen when you are there?
One of the most common types of services you’ll have access to is a group therapy program. This type of treatment is a core component of our addiction treatment. It includes a range of group therapy activities to help you learn and develop key skills. Our rehab program at Atlanta Detox Center in Georgia comprises a range of services to meet your needs.
What Is a Group Therapy Program?
A group therapy program is one component of your drug or alcohol treatment. Compared to an individual therapy program, where you will work one-on-one with a therapist, this type of program is designed to help you learn and grow within a group setting. You will be in a group of other men or women facing the same struggles you are. The goal is to learn from each other and to develop stronger relationships as you go.
What Are Some Group Therapy Activities You Can Expect?
The group therapy activities available will range based on many factors, including the specific needs of those within the program. Some of the group therapy activities you can expect include:
- Trigger talk: You’ll learn about triggers, experiences, people, or places that may make you think about using drugs again.
- Question and answers: Many times, there is a need to talk about what’s on your mind or on the mind of others. You’ll be able to answer questions about anything important to you. This may be related to therapy but also to aspects such as rebuilding relationships.
- Education: Teaching you about your addiction is essential because that knowledge may help you to avoid relapse. It is an opportunity for you to be prepared for what is to come.
- Recovery beliefs and truths: There are a lot of misconceptions about drug and alcohol recovery. A component of your group therapy activities will provide authentic, transparent information about what you’re facing.
- Mental health needs: You’ll learn to discuss your mental health, including the types of conditions you may have discovered as you stopped using drugs and alcohol. You may also learn how to spot signs and symptoms of mental health disorders.
A group therapy program can be a very open and flexible experience. That is because, in this area of therapy, the goal is to get you to open up and work with others. Many times, men and women in this type of rehab program will develop new relationships with people who truly understand what you are thinking about and working through because they’ve been there, too.
The group therapy activities you experience here are meant to foster support, healing, and empowerment, as well as skills to help you remain sober long term.
What Types of Services Are a Part of Our Rehab Program in Georgia?
For those ready to embrace drug and alcohol treatment, reach out to our treatment program to learn more about what we can offer. Your specific access to treatment ranges from the type of addiction you have, your willingness to embrace new ideas, and your ability to open up.
Our rehab center in Georgia is a location where you can heal, including through therapies such as:
Take the First Step – Call Atlanta Detox Center Today
Group therapy activities range widely and can change often. Yet, our group therapy program is designed to help you thrive in the years to come. If you are ready to explore treatment, our rehab program in Georgia is ready to support that process. To learn more, call Atlanta Detox Center at 470.450.2355 or reach out to us online.