Individual therapy is a form of psychotherapy that offers a high degree of privacy between a therapist and a client. People enroll in individual therapy programs for many reasons, the most common being to treat mental health disorders. This is understandable considering that one out of five individuals suffer from a mental health condition. However, you do not have to suffer from mental health disorders to benefit from an individual therapy program. Other situations may also require that you join such a program, and Atlanta Detox Center is here to help you find the right program for you.
The Best Time to Join an Individual Therapy Program
Your daily routine may face disruption if you experience a stressful event in your life. Loss of a loved one, loss of a job, or even withdrawal symptoms can cause extreme distress for a person. Distress can come in the form of negative thoughts or behaviors in addition to bodily sensations like fatigue.
It is best not to allow these symptoms to progress before you check yourself into a treatment facility. Once you begin to notice the symptoms, confirm with a doctor through a diagnosis if you might need psychotherapy help.
Other signs that indicate the need for addiction treatment therapy include:
- Constant difficulty maintaining your focus on school or work assignments
- Dealing with ongoing addiction problems
- Feeling an urge to hurt yourself, especially after a traumatic phase in your life
- Frequently feeling overwhelmed with hopelessness and unhappiness
Which Issues Does Individual Therapy Solve?
This form of therapy can help you to overcome any obstacle in any area of your life. But some of these challenges are more common than others. A few examples include:
Stress is a problem that everyone deals with at one point or another. For those who struggle with addiction, stress can be a trigger for relapse. However, talking to a qualified therapist about stressful issues can help you lift this burden.
The culture of your community dictates what is acceptable as your sexuality. Individuals who do not fit into this description may feel as though they are outcasts. People with different sexualities living in less accepting communities may, therefore, suppress their feelings. In time, the suppression takes a toll on their mental health. Individual therapists can help you navigate this difficult path.
Our imperfect families can, at times, drive some members into a crisis, especially when the family setting does not embrace communication as a way of dealing with their troubles. An individual therapy program will bridge this gap to help you rebuild your relationships.
Approaches to Individual Therapy at Atlanta Detox Center
Different treatment plans are available within our residential treatment program in GA.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – This treatment modality helps the client understand how thoughts, emotions, and behavior interrelate. By helping the client understand this interplay, our facility puts them in a better position to prevent relapse.
- Trauma-informed therapy – In this plan, the client talks about the traumas that they are facing. This helps them to pinpoint what triggers the trauma. From there, they can find ways of improving their coping skills.
- Expressive therapy – This is a modality that helps the clients communicate their emotions freely through art.
- Aftercare – This program allows our Atlanta Detox Center staff to monitor the progress of clients after treatment to ensure a full recovery.
When you enroll in an individual therapy program, your treatment plan will be tailored for your needs, giving you the best chance for a full recovery.
Join an Individual Therapy Program at Atlanta Detox Center Today
Do not let your burdens and sorrows block you from enjoying a fruitful life. Obstacles are part of our lives and when they overwhelm us, we have to push through. Connect with us online or contact Atlanta Detox Center at 470.450.2355 and we will help you transform your life.